Lenoir-Rhyne University is committed to providing a workplace and educational environment that is free from sex/gender discrimination, harassment, misconduct and/or retaliation. Lenoir-Rhyne values and upholds the rights, dignity and respect of faculty, staff, students and visitors, and is committed to fair and equal grievance processes that align with applicable law and our values as a community.
The university encourages anyone who has questions or concerns about sex/gender discrimination, harassment, misconduct and/or retaliation at LR, or would like to make a report, to contact Dawn Floyd or a Deputy Title IX Coordinator (listed below).
If you have experienced harm and need immediate assistance or have safety concerns, we encourage you to contact the Department of Public Safety at 828.328.7146 (24/7).
If you are a student and would like to talk confidentially with someone, please contact the Cornerstone Support and Wellness Center at 828.328.7959, or the university pastor at 828.781.1110. For more information about available resources, see the resource guide below.
Title IX Team Members
The university’s Title IX Coordinator, Dawn Floyd, is responsible for oversight of the university’s Title IX and Campus SaVE program, and is located on the Hickory campus. The university’s Deputy Title IX Coordinators have been appointed to assist community members at our Asheville, North Carolina and Columbia, South Carolina campuses, and to help ensure consistency and compliance with Title IX and the Campus SaVE Act across the university. If you are a student, faculty, staff, or visitor of either of these campuses, please feel free to contact the applicable Deputy Coordinator listed below with questions, concerns, or to make a report. Or, you may contact Dawn Floyd, the university’s Title IX Coordinator.
Title IX Team Member Training
Title IX team members and the following individuals who assist with ensuring implementation of LR's Title IX program have completed the Title IX Administrator and Investigator Training (as of July 31, 2020).
- Assistant Provost and Dean of Student Life
- Assistant Provost and Dean of Adult and Graduate Education
- Director of Public Safety
- Director of Human Resources
- Assistant Dean of Students for Campus and Residential Life
Title IX & Campus SaVE
Sex/Gender Discrimination, Harassment, Misconduct and Retaliation
- What is Title IX?
- What is the Clery Act and the Campus SaVE Act?
- What behaviors are prohibited by LR’s Sex/Gender Discrimination and Anti-Retaliation Policy?
- Support, resources and reporting Options
- Talking with confidential resources
- Reporting an incident to the university
- What are Mandated Reporters?
- If I report an incident to the University, will the information be kept confidential?
- What are supportive measures?
- Am I protected from retaliation if I report an incident of sex/gender discrimination, harassment or misconduct?
Discrimination questions and complaints can also be directed to:
U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights
(800) 421-3481 or firstname.lastname@example.org