Lenoir-Rhyne is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees.
- Founded in 1891 by four Lutheran pastors
- Three locations: Hickory, N.C.; Asheville, N.C.; Columbia, S.C.
- Motto: Veritas vos Liberabit (the truth shall set you free)
- Alma mater: “Fair Star of Caroline”
- Mission, vision and values
- 2,686+ students
- 1,783 undergraduate (on-campus in Hickory, N.C.)
- 903 graduate (on-campus and online)
- Student distribution: 40 states/territories; 77 North Carolina counties; 31 countries
- $30+ million awarded in scholarships and financial aid annually
- $100,000+ in study abroad scholarships for LR students
- 17,643+ living alumni (undergraduate and graduate degree holders) from all 50 states and many countries around the globe
Lenoir-Rhyne has a number of engaged and challenging programs that can lead you down the path to a fulfilling career.
In the Classroom
- Majors Offered: 50
- Minors: 53
- Graduate Programs: 20
- Student-to-faculty ratio 13:1
- Average class size: 22
- Faculty: 140 full time; 81% hold terminal degrees
LR's passionate fan base supports a number of championship-caliber intercollegiate athletic programs that compete as a member of the NCAA and South Atlantic Conference.
- Mascot: Joe Bear
- Conferences: South Atlantic Conference
- Affiliation: NCAA Division II
- Teams: 23
When I took Religion 100 with Dr. Schwiebert, he pushed my thinking, and I started to consider seminary. Between studying sacred music and religion at LR, I was well prepared for seminary.