All bills must be addressed prior to the start of each semester. Complete the anticipated payment form by July 15. Check payments may be deposited in the exterior drop box, which is located near the front entrance to Lineberger building.
Student Account Online
To access the following options on the CashNet main screen, select My Finances and then click any of the icons under Manage Student Account.
- Your Account
Balance is up-to-date at time of log in. Review your last statement, check current balance by selecting make payment and make a payment if necessary.
- Your Recent Payments
Indicates the most recent payments made on your account (not including financial aid).
Displays your eRefund status as enrolled if you have added an account, or you can click the link to add an account.
- Parents or Authorized User
Adding a parent(s) or authorized user gives them access to this page where they can set up a payment plan and make payments.
- Your Bills
Displays most recent statements, with more available by selecting View All.
- Installment Payment Plans
Offers available payment plans which change based on the time of year.
- Saved Accounts
Allows you to save credit card and/or checking account information to your account for ease of payment.
- Credit and debit card payment types, fees will apply.
- Checking account (ACH) payment type, fees will not apply.
The statement will list charges for tuition and any applicable course fees (see LR Catalog for listing). If you live on campus, room/board and a residence hall damage deposit of $150 will also be listed under the charges. The anticipated amount of financial aid will display as credits on the statement. If any changes occur to your financial aid package after the date of the billing statement, the balance due would be adjusted accordingly. The enrollment deposit will show as a payment on the account.
Monthly statements generated throughout the year will be available to you on your myLR; billing statements are not mailed to the home address. You should add parents or anyone you choose to receive an email when a statement is published. You would assign a user name and password to whomever you choose. After logging in at the link above, the left side of the page will allow you to navigate the site, including viewing all statements issued during your career at LR. You may also access your student account by logging into your MyLR Portal (portal.lr.edu) and clicking on the “My Finances” tab. Parents also can enroll in payment plans on the student’s Student Account page.
Directions for eRefund
Setting up an eRefund account is easy, secure and ensures you receive your refund in a timely manner.
Set up eRefund
- Log into Self-Service Portal and go to My Account
- Click the link for Direct Deposit Refunds
- Click on Sign Up and follow the instructions for Electronic Deposit Refund
Directions for Adding a Parent or Authorized User
Adding a parent(s) or authorized user gives them access to make payments, view payment history and review balance statements. This does not give the user access to any other area of your myLR account (e.g., grades, financial aid or student life). You can add as many users as you would like, but keep it limited to those who need access to your student financial account.
Add a Parent or Authorized User
- Log in to Self Service Portal under Finances and click on Student Account.
- Click Add New under Additional Payer.
- Create a Parent User Name.
- Provide and confirm the email address for this user.
- Click Yes to allow user(s) to login.
- Determine if they should have access only (user can log in as needed), or if they should also receive emails (your user would receive the same emails you do when a statement is available). Selecting Access and Receive Emails helps ensure statements aren’t missed.
- You can also select whether the parent receives Installment Payment Plan email notifications if a payment plan is setup.
- Click OK, and an email will be sent to the new user.
Log in to Self Service Portal and and click on Overview from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen. This site will display any installment plans that are currently available. The instructions will explain how to proceed.
Payment is due the first day of class in the semester or interest charges will accrue. Financial aid (scholarships, grants, and loans) may help reduce your balance. The remaining balance can be paid by setting up a CashNet payment plan, which ensures interest charges do not accrue. A nonrefundable $35 enrollment fee will apply. Automatic draft is available.
- 10-month plan (June-March)
- 8-month plan (August-March)
- Fall Only Plan
- Spring Only Plan
*Plans are subject to change depending on time of year. The 10-month and 8-month plans are intended for both fall and spring semester charges. The 5-month plans are intended for one full semester (either fall or spring).
Important: Once the account is active, choose MPP payment instead of Balance Payment, so the system will apply your payment correctly. This action will help avoid constant overdue balance email reminders.
Your veteran benefit may not be the same for each semester of attendance – if you receive a refund during one semester, you may not have enough aid to cover the next semester. Retaining a credit balance would be beneficial; you may be eligible for a refund at the end of the academic year.
Retain the credit in your account for future charges by signing and submitting a Title IV Form. The form can be located under My Finances in the portal.
Title IV Credit Authorization Form
Credits on your account, either from an overpayment or an excess of financial aid funds, may appear on your account.
Generally, you have several options:
- All refunds are issued to you within 14 days after the credit balance occurs. It is recommended you enroll for eRefund on myLR to receive the refund by direct deposit.
- You may choose to use Title IV funds for discretionary charges in addition to tuition and housing or pay these charges separately.
- Sign up for eRefund - the system will disburse the credit into your bank within 72 hours (initial eRefund setup may take up to 10 days, depending on the bank).
- No action - the credit will be disbursed by check on Thursdays and sent to your LR PO Box or current address.
To indicate your preference, complete the Title IV Authorization Form. You can access the form under the Form Section of My Finances in the LR Portal. You can make changes to the form at any time by completing and submitting a new one.