We strive to ensure that our graduate students are able to afford continued education. The helpful staff at LR are here to provide financial aid information, flexible payment plans and other options to help you achieve your most ambitious goals.
A limited number of graduate assistantships (GAs) are available for eligible students. Graduate assistants receive a full or partial waiver of tuition in return for 15 hours of work per week.
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be accepted into a graduate program
- Students must have a current resume and/or GA application on file with The Graduate School
- Students must not be receiving any additional institutional aid (including athletic scholarships)
- Students cannot hold another working position on campus
The awarding of a GA position is NOT need-based. It is a highly competitive process based on the positions available in a given academic year and the skills that a GA area's supervisor values. An area supervisor selects GA candidates.
Traditionally, graduate assistants work in one of the following areas:
- Residence Life
- Information Technology
- Academic Department Specific