Lenoir-Rhyne works alongside of business and community leaders to continue to enrich Hickory with educational, commercial, and cultural opportunities. Our campus and community are intertwined. We are neighbors working together to make Hickory a great place to live, work, learn and play.
- Business Council
- LR Partners
- LR Partners in Higher Ed
- University City Commission
- Wind Symphony
Through Lenoir-Rhyne's Business Council, area businesses, industries, educational organizations, and the University work together to enhance the quality of life in the region and to provide mutually beneficial opportunities for all groups to prosper.
Presentations, seminars, round table discussions, and membership meeting provide community leaders an opportunity to network with one another, consult other experts, and provide students with opportunities to learn from business executives and professionals.
Businesses, corporations, and foundations that believe in the mission of LR and contribute $1,500 or more annually to support current operations are members of the LR Business Council. This commitment represents continued loyalty and ensures Lenoir-Rhyne's future by guaranteeing its ability to offer quality higher education and community programming.
- Member discounts and priority seating at all Business Council events
- Fall Forum Luncheon and Business Leader of the Year invitations
- Seminar participation - exclusive to membership and free of charge
- Invitation to participate in Career Fairs
- Consutling board for the LRU Charles M. Snipes School of Business & Economics
- Usage of the Mauney-Schaeffer Conference Hall free of charge, subject to availability
- Student intern(s) availability upon request
2018 - 2019 Business Council Members
Athletic Reconditioning Inc.
B & M Mailing
BENCO Steel, Inc.
Broyhill Family Foundation, Inc.
Burch Bottle & Packaging
C. R. Laine Furniture Co.
Cafe Rule, LLC
Capital Concepts Financial Group
Cargo Transporters Inc.
Catawba County Chamber of Commerce
Catawba Insurance Agency, LLC
Catawba Radiological Associates, Inc.
Catawba Valley Medical Center
Century Furniture Co.
Chair City Supply Co., Inc.
Charlotte Paint Co., Inc.
Cheerwine Bottling Company
Cody Law Firm
Conover Construction & Roofing, Inc.
Corning Optical Communications LLC
Custom Design Group
D&H Marketing, Inc.
David E. Looper & Company
Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP
Don Farmer, CPA, P.A.
Duke Energy Foundation
E. M. Suggs and Sara Deal Temple Foundation
Eli Lilly & Company Foundation
Ellucian Company, L. P.
Filmtech Foundation Inc.
First Citizens Bank
Frye Regional Medical Center
General Electric Foundation
George Foundation, Inc.
Hanes Companies, Inc.
Hickory Construction Company
Hickory Furniture Mart
Hickory Mechanical, Inc.
Hickory Plumbing & Heating Co., Inc.
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church – Gastonia, NC
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church Foundation – Hickory, NC
Impact Baseball Inc.
InFaith Community Foundation
Interstate Foam & Supply, Inc.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies
Lenoir Mirror Company/The Jonas Foundation
Lettie Pate Whitehead Foundation
Martin Starnes & Associates, CPAs, P.A.
McCreary Modern, Inc.
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
Nationwide Insurance Foundation
NC Community Foundation, Inc.
NC Synod of the ELCA
North Carolina Independent Colleges & Universities
O. Leonard Moretz Foundation, Inc.
Patrick, Harper & Dixon, L.L.P.
Pepsi-Cola Bottling Co. of Hky, Inc.
Piedmont Educational Foundation, Inc.
Piedmont Natural Gas
PRISM Development, LLC
Resource Partners, LLC
Royall & Company
Sherrill Furniture Company
Shurtape Technologies, Inc.
Sign Systems, Inc.
Southeast Retirement Planners, Inc.
SouthSide Power & Fitness
State Farm Companies Foundation
The Boeing Company Gift Match
The Bolick Foundation
The Charles A. Cannon Charitable Trusts
The Dickson Foundation, Inc.
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
Turf Pro Landscaping
von Drehle Corporation
Wells Fargo (Bank and Matching Gifts)
White Tire Center of Springs Road
The LR Partners Program promotes partnerships with local businesses, agencies, and school and government entities to provide their employees opportunities for graduate and adult undergraduate education at discounted rates based on the degree of participation by the specific affiliate. The program is available to employees in partner companies or agencies who are accepted into a participating graduate or adult learner program.
For Graduate School tuition discounts
In the first year of the partnership, employees/members receive a 10% discount. The discount is adjusted each year based on the total number of credit hours taken by the employees/members during the previous year.
If 0-39 hours, 10% discount on all hours taken;
If 40-81 hours, 15% discount on all hours taken;
If more than 82 hours, 20% discount on all hours taken.
For training programs
LR will provide participants with a 10% discount on all costs associated with a program during the first year. After the first year, if 1 to 9 employees/members participated in LREDI programming during the previous academic year, the discount will remain at 10%. If between 10 and 19 employees/members participated, the discount will be 15%, and if more than 19 employees/members participate in a previous academic year, the discount for all incoming employees will be 20%.
- Access Family Services
- Affinity Living Group
- Alex Lee, Inc.
- Appalachian College Association
- Appalachian Community Services
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical College
- Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity
- Asheville Grown Business Alliance
- Asheville Independent Restaurants Association
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- B Local Asheville + WNC
- Belk, Inc.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of WNC
- Big Homie/Little Homie
- Biltmore Company
- Biltmore Farms
- Black Mountain Academy
- Blue Ridge Area Foundation, Inc. / Western NC Group Home for Autistic Persons, Inc.
- Blue Ridge Health
- Blue Ridge Healthcare
- Boys & Girls Club of Transylvania County
- Brother Wolf Animal Rescue
- Brumit Restaurant Group
- Buncombe County
- Cabarrus Health Alliance
- Caldwell County
- Caldwell Memorial Hospital
- Carolina Caring
- Carolina Moon Hospitality
- Carolina Mountain Land Conservancy
- Carolina Outreach, LLC
- Catawba County Chamber of Commerce
- Catawba County Government
- Catawba County Schools
- Catawba County Truth & Reconciliation Committee
- Catawba Valley Medical Center
- Children First / Communities in Schools of Buncombe County
- Children's Hope Alliance
- City of Asheville
- City of Hendersonville
- City of Hickory
- City of Lenoir
- Community Care of Western North Carolina
- Community Colleges of Appalachia
- Community Foundation of Henderson County's Nonprofit Forum
- Conserving Carolina
- David E. Looper Company (DEL)
- Duke Energy
- Eaton Corporation
- Eliada Homes
- Family Preservation Services of North Carolina, Inc.
- Forsyth Technical Community College
- French Broad Chocolates
- Frye Regional Medical Center
- Girl Scouts Peaks to Piedmont
- Green Built Alliance
- Green Opportunities
- Goodwill Industries of WNC
- Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley
- Haywood County Chamber of Commerce
- Hickory Public Schools
- Hickory Springs Manufacturing Company (HSM)
- Hickory Young Professionals
- Homeward Bound of Western NC
- Ingles Markets
- Irene Wortham Center
- LEAF Community Arts
- Liberty Corner Enterprise
- Mandara Hospitality
- McDowell County Chamber of Commerce
- Mental Health of America, SC Chapter
- Mental Illness Recovery Center, Inc. (MIRCI)
- Mission Health
- Montford Hall
- The Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC)
- Mountain BizWorks
- Mountain Credit Union
- Mountain True
- NC Writers Network
- Newton-Conover City Schools
- Non Profit Forum of Henderson County
- Novant Health-W-S
- Outward Bound
- Palmetto Place
- Pardee Hospital
- Pathways for the Future, Inc.
- Peoples Bank
- Pisgah Legal Services
- Real Recovery of Asheville, Inc.
- Red Oak Recovery
- Sherrill Furniture Company
- SPARC Foundation
- Shurtape Technologies, LLC
- Solstice East/Asheville Academy for Girls
- The Franklin School
- United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County
- Vaya Health
- Virtelle Hospitality
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Western North Carolina Community Health Services
- Western North Carolina Human Resource Association
- Western Regional Education Service Alliance
- YWCA of Asheville
- YMCA of Catawba Valley
- YMCA of Western North Carolina
- Zelandia Capital
Through the Lenoir-Rhyne Partners in Higher Education program, graduates from partner institutions will receive the following incentives for enrolling in participating graduate programs at LR.
- A 10% tuition discount will be applied throughout the student’s entire academic program of study.
- The student will not be charged application fees.
- If qualified, the student will be exempt from standardizing testing requirements.
Contract agreements for partner institutions:
- LR will partner in branding, marketing, and recruiting efforts when it serves to the advantage of both institutions. LR will also receive access to interested students or alumni and opportunities to promote programs and recruit at partner institutions.
- Contracts will be reviewed on an annual basis and continued unless otherwise terminated by notification. Either institution may terminate the contract at the end of any semester; however, any student currently enrolled and receiving the discount will continue to do so throughout their tenure as a student of Lenoir-Rhyne.
- These discounts may not be combined with any other LR discount program. If other discounts exist, the student may select the one program that optimizes her/his discount. LR reserves the right to not offer discounted credits in certain programs, which will be specified in the partnership agreements.
This program does not apply to the Occupational Therapy or Physician Assistant Studies graduate programs.
For inquiries, contact Amy Wood.
The purpose of this board is to deepen and broaden the relationship between Lenoir-Rhyne University, the City of Hickory, and their students and residents. Their focus will be on growing the student body's presence and interaction in the community and increasing the young adult population in Hickory, while enhancing the collegiate atmosphere and promoting school pride throughout the community.
The Friends of LR Discount Program allows businesses to express support for LR by offering a discount to their local University’s campus community. The UCC welcomes any business in Columbia that provides services and/or products to students, faculty, and staff at LR to participate in the program. Visit lr.edu/FriendsofLR to learn more about the program, view a listing of businesses already participating, and sign up.
For more information, please contact Leah Beth Hubbard.