Senior Bears connects community members to the academic and cultural opportunities at Lenoir-Rhyne.
It’s open to all adults 55 and older and is a great way to take advantage of the many exciting opportunities at LR. Annual membership costs $100. Purchase your membership today to start taking advantage of this program.Purchase a Senior Bears Membership
New in 2022
As a result of staffing and organizational changes, Senior Bears now has a new home and will be run out of the Office of Institutional Advancement, rather than the Office of Conferences and Events. In addition, we are announcing some exciting new changes.
- After analyzing our data, we will simplify the membership levels and will now offer one membership level—rather than three—that maximizes the benefits available.
- Now, all members will have access to auditing one undergraduate class per academic year. Previously, this benefit was limited to the professor and dean membership levels.
- All members will receive four meals per year in the dining hall. Previously, this benefit was limited to the professor and dean membership levels.
- Membership will now be offered on a running 12-month schedule, rather than starting on June 1 and expiring May 31. This provides more flexibility for prospective members to join any time during the year and get the most for their money.
- Senior Bears ID Card
- LR parking sticker
- Access to and check-out privileges at the Rudisill Library
- Use of LR pool during open swim hours (a $200 value). As of June 1, 2023, open lap swim is available Monday-Friday from 6:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Complimentary copies of Profile magazine and other mailings
- Option to audit one undergraduate course per academic year (a $690 value)
- Four meals per year in the dining hall (a $40 value)