Position Title: Operations Assistant
Department: Enrollment Management
Wage Class: Hourly, non-exempt position
Reports To: Director of Undergraduate Admissions
General Description/Primary Purpose
The operations assistant works as part of a team to ensure that enrollment management data related processes are carried out in the most efficient and accurate manner possible. This individual completes all application, deposit and budget processing functions for the Division of Enrollment Management. This role is responsible for the day-to-day data processing for all stages of the admissions process, incoming and outgoing mail, works within the customer relationship management system (CRM) and serves as tertiary or backup responders to incoming call management.
In addition, this person answers questions from the applicants and parents. The operations assistant must demonstrate attention to detail, ability to independently prioritize and take initiative, be creative, possess a sense of humor, the ability to work well independently and in a team, and manage multiple responsibilities concurrently.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Execute daily data processing imports via a variety of databases for graduate and undergraduate admission offices
- Troubleshoot data and system errors to ensure data integrity
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of data via regular quality checks and other methods.
- Download, process, and complete applications (through the CRM and from third party vendors) for all degree programs
- Process and attach supplemental electronic documents for all degree programs
- Download data files from the CRM and upload data into student information system, PowerCampus, at point of admission
- Process relevant payments, including, but not limited to, application fees and enrollment deposits for applicants
- Manage the inventory of all materials associated with recruitment communications (i.e. printed materials, letterhead, envelopes)
- Handle budget reconciliation and expense/invoice processing through internal budget tracking system
- Provide back-up for Enrollment Management Receptionist
- Print correspondence and labels to ensure timely mailing of print communications.
- Take responsibility for developing an understanding of the admissions/enrollment process in order to assist other staff and students
- Provide excellent customer service in person, on the phone including voicemail and via email
- Support campus event days as needed
- Coordinate specific projects or events as assigned by directors/assistant directors
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection and training of student employees as well as processing student employee paperwork (hiring, payroll, etc.) when necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associates degree required (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Exceptional computer skills, evidence of ability to learn new systems
- Exceptional communication skills, dealing with a wide variety of constituents
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to remain confidential
- Ability to multi-task required
- Multi-lingual candidates preferred