Location: Hickory, North Carolina
- Assist with coordinating a testing schedule among various academic programs/departments.
- Assist with providing testing accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Assist with proctoring written and computer tests for a variety of campus programs.
- Assist with alternative text development/ordering for students with disabilities.
- Assist with data collection and analysis for the Disability Services Office.
- Assist with providing workshops and training for students with disabilities and Faculty/staff.
- Assist with providing disability-related educational information on social media and across campus
- Must be currently enrolled as a graduate student at LR; MA in counseling student preferred, but all applicants will be considered
- Must be available during the day between 8–5 p.m. for proctoring tests; occasional Saturday or evening hours, if needed. A willingness to work a flexible schedule depending on daily/weekly needs.
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of or interest in disabilities; willing to work with a diverse population of students with varying needs
- Strong sense of and commitment to confidentiality
Please note that this position is work in exchange for tuition remission.
Department: Disability Services
Job title: Disability Services/Testing Assistant