High School Scholars Academy
The choices you make today determine what happens tomorrow. As a high school student, you can start your college career now at Lenoir-Rhyne through the High School Scholars Academy.
The academy is a two-year program for high school juniors or a one-year program for high school seniors who wish to pursue an advanced academic experience in preparation for collegiate success. Through the program, students also earn substantial college transfer credit.
Former students attest that the program provides a pathway to collegiate success because you learn time management skills, advance your critical thinking and navigate discussions with professors while having the support and structure of family nearby.Apply Today
A completed application will include the following:
- Official high school transcript
- School counselor recommendation form (requested through application)
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher (requested through application)
- Self-reported disciplinary record (reported on application)
- A personal, written statement regarding your desire to participate in HSSA
- Official college transcript(s) if any college work has been attempted, even if course(s) are listed on the high school transcript
Start while in high school and be well prepared for college after graduation.
Start College Early at Lenoir-Rhyne
If accepted into the program, you will enroll in:
- English Honors III or IV
- Two or three additional college courses during the fall semester
- Three or four additional college courses during the spring semester
Attend an Information Session
Register to attend an information session on LR's campus on November 16, 2023 and January 23, 2024. Sessions start at 7 p.m.
The application cycle is December 1, 2023 - March 1, 2024.