Due to COVID-19, the Office of Student Success is currently delivering all services virtually.
The Office of Student Success assists every student in successfully navigating their academic journey from orientation through graduation.
Our services equip students with the strategies and resources needed to:
- Explore academic interests and choose a major
- Develop plans to reach academic, personal, and career goals
- Engage in more productive study and learning behaviors
- Manage time more effectively
- Return to good academic standing
- Achieve the goal of earning a Lenoir-Rhyne University degree
Academic advising at LR centers on the creation of an educational plan that reflects your own unique interests, abilities, goals, and values. This plan includes both the coursework required for your degree and learning opportunities and experiences beyond the classroom, including co-curricular activities, study abroad, and internships.
Student Success provides general advising services to all first-year and new transfer students as well as academic coaching and support to any student in need.
Academic coaching is for students who need consistent, targeted academic support. Appointments usually last 30 minutes to one-hour and focus on topics, including learning and study strategies, time management, organization, and goal setting. Contact us for an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshops and individual coaching is also offered for students on academic warning and probation in order to help recover from past academic difficulties, return to good academic standing, and achieve academic success.
If you are on academic probation, we can help you get back on track through the following:
- Provide an accurate assessment of your current situation
- Partner with you to develop a personally relevant academic plan
- Promote your success