Academic advising at LR centers on the creation of an educational plan that reflects your own unique interests, abilities, goals and values. This plan includes both the coursework required for your degree and learning opportunities and experiences beyond the classroom, including co-curricular activities, study abroad and internships.
BEAR Central provides general advising services to all first-year and new transfer students as well as academic coaching and support to any student in need.
Our services equip you with the strategies and resources needed to:
- Explore academic interests and choose a major
- Develop plans to reach academic, personal, and career goals
- Engage in more productive study and learning behaviors
- Manage time more effectively
- Return to good academic standing
- Achieve the goal of earning a Lenoir-Rhyne University degree
General advising services are offered to all first-year and exploratory students as well as success coaching and help with academic planning to any student in need. We are open for drop-in appointments Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and is located in BEAR Central on the second floor of the Rudisill Library.