Impact of Giving
No matter your passion, your financial support provides exceptional opportunities students expect and deserve, on- and off-campus.
Lenoir-Rhyne students become leaders who contribute to, and improve forever, their communities and the world. That's the immediate, lasting impact you have when you choose to make a gift to LR. Every gift, no matter the size, goes to work for students as they chart their paths into the future.
With your help, students are able to receive a well-rounded LR education with opportunities that extend well beyond the classroom.
I received a scholarship which made it possible for me to go to LR. All of my tuition was covered, making the cost of attendance affordable to my family.
Donor Support Provides Transformative Experiences
With the extraordinary generosity of our alumni, parents and friends, we raised more than $9.05 million in total commitments for the fiscal year 2019-2020 that ended on May 31, 2020.
With this, we celebrate many achievements, but would like to highlight a few, including:
- Paying it Forward - More than $7.3 million cash in hand and $9.05 million in total commitments raised for the university with more than 10 percent of alumni making a gift.
- Scholarship Support - More than $1 million raised for scholarship support. Bears Have Heart Giving Day - More than 610 people made gifts raising over $260,000 during the 24-hour challenge.
- LTSS New Life Fund - The seminary’s annual fund surpassed its goal by raising more than $350,000. This is the first time since 2012 that this has been achieved.
- The Opening Doors: Answering the Spirit’s Call campaign and the Good Shepherd Fund - These two funds assisted seminarians in the reduction of tuition, room, board and books, and had a combined total of more than $2.9 million.
- A Legacy of Giving - 19 families have given 37 or more consecutive years to Lenoir-Rhyne University.