Earn your degree in business administration and move your education and career forward… without putting your life on hold.
Business Administration, B.S.
Take the next step toward completing your B.S. in Business Administration degree at Lenoir-Rhyne University.Get Started
Take the next step toward completing your Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree at Lenoir-Rhyne University.
Available only to Adult Learner students, the Business Administration (BSBA) major is designed to provide adult learners with a general business degree and/or prepare them for completion of an MBA degree at Lenoir-Rhyne. The major recognizes the value of significant life experiences of adult students their motivation; and delicate balance of work, education, and family expectations. The BSBA hybrid classes are offered on Monday evenings only and are designed so that students may take four courses each semester; however, other courses to fulfill the core may require other class arrangements.
Students who successfully meet the degree requirements which includes the Lenoir-Rhyne core courses with an overall grade point average of 2.75 and a grade point average of 3.0 in the course work for the major and who receive letters of recommendation from major faculty upon completion of the undergraduate degree, will be accepted directly into the University's Master of Business Administration program with normal application protocols waived. Thus, Adult Learner students who graduate with the Business Administration major will not have to take the prerequisite standardized entrance exam or pay application fees for admission to the MBA program at Lenoir-Rhyne. The Business Administration major earns a B.S. degree.
- Core Curriculum Requirements (55-62 Hours)
Major Requirements (48 Hours)
- BSB 321 - Economic Foundations for Organizations
- BSB 325 - Organizational Behavior Principles
- BSB 341 - Accounting Principles
- BSB 345 - Organizational Communications
- BSB 363 - Leadership Foundations in Organizations
- BSB 366 - Finance Foundations in Organizations
- BSB 393 - Ethical and Legal Principles in Organizations
- BSB 396 - Organization Change and Development
- BSB 411 - Research Skills for Organization Managers
- BSB 416 - Organizational Operations Management
- BSB 431 - Marketing Principles
- BSB 435G - Global Organizational Applications Hours: 3
- BSB 453 - Organizational Information Systems
- BSB 456 - Human Resource Principles
- BSB 474 - Professional Organizational Strategic Management
- BSB 476 - Contemporary Leadership Applications
General Elective Credits
Total Credit Hours (Minimum) 128
On occasion, technical and/or program requirements may also meet specific core curriculum requirements. Please confer with your program advisor to determine which courses, if any, may be counted accordingly.
All Bachelors programs at Lenoir-Rhyne require at least 128 credit hours. If, in combination, core, technical, and program requirements do not generate at least 128 hours, additional credits must be completed to achieve 128 hours. These classes may be general electives, or a student may complete a minor or additional major.
Admission & Financial Aid
Undergraduate AdmissionOur admission team is here to assist you in making the college search process as easy as possible. Our counselors are happy to provide the information and guidance you need to submit your application, apply for financial aid and scholarships, visit and tour our campus.
Financial AidWe recognize that paying for college is a top concern for students and their families. Our financial aid staff is here to provide you with financial aid options and assistance to help you achieve your educational goals.