Reach Optimal Wellness

Health Services

Focused on a wellness-based model, we provide services to support the bodies, minds and emotional well-being of LR students.

The Student Health Center, located in the Cornerstone House in Hickory, provides services to help you reach optimum wellness. In partnership Catawba Valley Health Services, a registered nurse practitioner is available Monday through Friday for consultation to promote healthy lifestyle choices and evaluation of illnesses or injury. Services through the Student Health Center are available to all enrolled students free of charge.

You will be asked to complete various medical-related forms at your first visit. 

The Student Health Center is open during posted hours and is closed on weekends, school breaks, holidays and summer break.

View Student Health Portal

TimelyCare Virtual Medical Care

Lenoir-Rhyne students can now choose virtual on-demand and appointment-based medical care from licensed physicians in all 50 states — at no cost and without the hassle of traditional insurance. 

TimelyCare by TimelyMD offers LR students free 24/7 access to medical and mental health support and well-being resources. 

TimelyCare serves as a 24/7 virtual extension of campus health and counseling center resources, with a goal of improving student well-being, engagement and retention. TimelyCare complements the services available from Cornerstone Health and Wellness Center on the HIckory campus.

Register for TimelyCare

After-Hours Care

The university has many healthcare treatment partners in the community. The Student Health Center nurse practitioner will make referrals to off-campus healthcare service providers as needed. Students are financially responsible for medical treatments that are received off-campus.

Express Scripts

A list of express scripts affiliated pharmacies is available for the Hickory campus.


All undergraduate and graduate residential students, full-time commuter day students, and part-time commuter days students taking more than four credit hours must submit proof of receipt of all required immunizations via their application/enrollment portal. According to North Carolina Law (G.S> 130A-155.1), students who do not comply will be withdrawn from classes without credit and removed from housing.

Required immunizations are provided on the Immunization Record Form, which must be submitted via the application/enrollment Portal. Particular majors, including education and health-related fields, may require additional vaccines or health-related information. Students will be notified with ample time if additional vaccines or health information is required.

Acceptable immunization records may be requested and obtained from various sources, including the State Health Department, family physicians, military records, or the World Health Organization. Proof of immunization records must include dates of vaccine administration.

Additional information regarding where to obtain vaccines or collect vaccination records can be found on the CDC website