Public Health/Business Administration, MPH/MBA
Elevate your career in healthcare management while driving innovation at the intersection of public health and business.
The Master of Public Health and Master of Business Administration (MPH/MBA) dual-degree program provides you with the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of public health principles, management strategies and innovative business practices, allowing you to stand out and thrive in a wide range of professional environments.
As workplaces and economies continue to evolve with technology and world events, flexibility and adaptability have become valuable currency in all sectors of business. The MPH/MBA program allows you to earn two complementary degrees in a shorter time while opening career opportunities in management as well as mobility between industries.
Take the next step toward completing your MPH/MBA dual degree at Lenoir-Rhyne University.Get Started
Take the next step toward completing your MPH/MBA dual degree at Lenoir-Rhyne University.
Comprising 57 total credit hours, the dual-degree curriculum includes all the core requirements for both an MPH and MBA accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) and the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Requirements for the MPH serve as elective credits for the MBA and vice versa. The result is a streamlined program that allows you to earn both degrees over a projected three years — about a year less than the two degrees would require if completed separately — at a significantly lower cost.
- Complete two master's programs simultaneously.
- Fall, spring or summer start.
- Built for working professionals. Flexible and convenient course schedules and online, asynchronous classes that are ideal for maintaining a balance with work-life-study commitments.
- Field experiences and applied research opportunities tailored to your goals and interests.
- Expanded career opportunities that bridge the gap between healthcare and business.
- Equip yourself to pursue leadership roles in healthcare organizations, pharmaceutical companies, consulting firms, government agencies, non-profit organizations and more.
- High-quality private education at an affordable tuition rate.
- MPH Core Courses (15 hours)
MBA Core Courses (24 hours)
- ACC 501 - Managerial Accounting
- ACC 505 - Accounting and Finance for Healthcare Administration
- BUS 511 - Financial Management and Budgeting
- BUS 513 - Marketing Strategy
- BUS 514 - Human Behavior in Organizations
- BUS 519 - Supply Chain and Operations Management
- BUS 534 - Strategic Management and Business Policy
- BUS 542 - Business and Professional Communication
- ECO 502 - Managerial Economics
- MPH Community Health Concentration Courses (12 hours)
- Capstone Experiences (6 hours)
LR has a program structured for adult learners. I had the opportunity to go to campus for lectures. When I was traveling for business, I tuned in to Zoom from my hotel room. I valued that flexibility.
Connect with UsWe offer regular virtual information sessions via Zoom so watch our calendar for upcoming sessions. Or reach out directly to a graduate enrollment counselor for assistance.
ApplyWith your convenience in mind, we have outlined a step-by-step process that should assist you in submitting your application and supporting documentation — and we are here to answer any questions.
Admission CounselorsThe Graduate School admission team is here to talk one-on-one with prospective students to help you make your enrollment as easy as possible. Our counselors will provide the information and guidance you need to submit your application, apply for financial aid, visit and learn more about the many opportunities available to new students.