Established in the fall of 2000, the Concert Series at Lenoir-Rhyne University serves the university community and the greater Hickory area by providing opportunities to hear and interact with superb musical artists. The Concert Series brings musical artists to the University to present concerts and recitals, work with students in the master class setting, lecture to music classes, and provide examples of professional artistry in music.
For more information on supporting the Concert Series or if you are an artist wishing to be considered for an appearance, please contact the Concert Series.
- Sept. 12 - Dom Flemons
- Sept. 24 - LR Faculty All Stars
- Oct. 8 - Unifour Brass Ensemble
- Oct. 17 - Stefan Kiessling Organ Recital
- Oct. 29 - Tesla Quartet and Friends
- Nov. 5 - Franz Liszt's Sonata in B Minor: Harmonic Drama, Conflict, and Reconciliation
- Nov. 8 - United States Navy Commodores
- Dec. 10 - A Lenoir Sax Christmas
- Feb. 16 - Three Trumpets
- March 23 - Kontras Quartet and Friends
- April 4 - ALETHIA, Abbie Conant, and William Osborn
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
6:30 pm - pre-concert lecture demonstration
7:30 pm - recital
German organist Stefan Kiessling is a world-wide active concert organist, having been invited to more than 20 countries across the European, American, Asian, and Australian continents. He serves as the assistant organist at St. Thomas Leipzig, which is world known for its tradition of Bach music.
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
P.E. Monroe Auditorium
The Navy’s premier jazz big band continues the tradition of offering the “best of the bands” on the concert series. The concert is free but requires a ticket. Tickets will be available through the LR box office, open business days 9 am - 6 am or by calling 828.328.7206.