General Description/Primary Purpose
Reporting to the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Senior Associate Athletic Director for External for the day to day operations. This position will lead the marketing efforts for all non-revenue sports and assist in the marketing planning and implementation for football and basketball. This position will lead the recruiting and organization of a team of student interns to coordinate campus marketing and increase attendance with the student demographic. This position will also lead the follow-up and cultivation of prospective donors brought to games through the community engagement efforts of the Assistant Athletic Director. This person will help the Bears Club with donor events and additional donor solicitations.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Develop the marketing plan for non-revenue sports and lead the efforts to fulfill the plan including promotions, scripts, music, and more.
- Help create and lead a dynamic and interactive game-day environment for football and basketball on the ground level that appeals to all ages and increases the likelihood of return trips.
- Capitalize and follow-up on the increased community involvement through communication that leads to new ticket sales, Bears Club Memberships, and corporate sponsorships.
- Recruit and oversee a team of student interns (street team) to create a consistent and broad foundation of success for marketing and engagement across all sports.
- Lead the creative marketing efforts on campus amongst the student population to ensure their attendance and support of all LR games.
- Help develop creative content that enhances our revenue streams and the game-day experience through graphics, video content, promotions, and more.
- Take a lead role in the set-up and coordination of Bears Club Events, mainly the Annual Dinner, Golf Tournaments, Auction, Spring Raffle, and more.
- Coordinate the annual Bears Give Back efforts including the call-a-thon and social media campaigns.
- Assist in annual general Bears Club Membership renewal and season ticket mailings, phone solicitations, and new member recruitment.
- Assist in season ticket seating selection through phone and in-person meetings with donors.
- Assist in the sport restricted account fundraising campaigns and solicitations.
- Assist in annual community service reporting and tracking.
- Attend and contribute in all Bears Club Council meetings.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of sound equipment
- Experience working in a collegiate or professional sports marketing department required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite graphics
- Ability to work nights and weekends
Salary: Exempt, full-time position, salary range is open
Reports to: Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing/Senior Associate Athletic Director for External