The primary responsibilities of this Graduate Assistant (GA) include developing and maintaining a robust social media presence, generating short videos and actively promoting our graduate student target market and current student population. This GA will work with the director of Graduate Student Support and Success to create programming for current students.
- Greeting and welcoming visitors as they enter the building.
- Generating and managing engaging social media plan and content.
- Develop short video highlights of current graduate student engagement.
- Creating graphics for email and print (Knowledge of Canva, Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Work with Graduate Team to promote undergraduate to graduate school transition.
- Assisting The Graduate School Team with all Graduate School events for current students.
- Assisting the Graduate Team with all events for prospective students including open houses, virtual information sessions, new student orientations, and virtual orientations.
- Assisting in calling/emailing/texting campaigns to prospective students at various stages of the admissions cycle.
- Entering appropriate student information into corresponding databases as needed for all phone, email, and face-to-face communication with prospective students.
- Participating in daily visits and open houses as a graduate student tour guide as needed.
- Establishing outreach initiatives with regional agencies, businesses, and schools to further inform about program offerings.
- Supporting all needs as pertaining to The Graduate School.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- Professional and engaging phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills.
- Professional appearance and representation of Lenoir-Rhyne University.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a small office environment.
- Self-reliant and proactive; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Passionate about Lenoir-Rhyne University and enthusiastic about sharing this impression with prospective students.
- Demonstrated experience with social media and multimedia creativity.
- Experience with database management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Scheduling flexibility, including working occasional evening and weekend hours to support enrollment needs.
Department/School: The Graduate School
Supervisor: Mary Ann Gosnell, Associate Dean and Director of Graduate Student Support and Success
Please note that you must be an enrolled student in The Graduate School at Lenoir-Rhyne University to apply for a graduate assistant position.