The Director of Graduate Admission brings innovation and a data-driven, results-oriented approach to the growth, quality, and diversity of graduate student enrollment in all graduate programs at Lenoir-Rhyne University. The Director supervises a team that provides student-centered customer service while marketing and recruiting prospective students.
Reporting to the AVP of Mission, Engagement, and Innovation, the Director will be an integral part of the admission team to ensure that processes are streamlined and current, utilizes technology to enhance and support recruitment, manages budget responsibilities, and oversees all operational tasks about graduate admission policies.
The primary focus of this position will be to develop and manage recruitment and yield strategies, emphasizing growing the top of the recruitment funnel. Key priorities include identifying new viable recruitment populations, executing a comprehensive candidate engagement strategy, and building successful recruitment partnerships for all graduate programs at all institutional campuses.
- Will recruit, train, develop and supervise a team of graduate admission counselors located on all three campuses
- Will oversee the selection, training, and supervision of graduate assistants assigned to the graduate admission team
- Establish systems and structures to aid enrollment planning and decision-making at all levels that lead to a continuous institution-wide conversation related to graduate enrollment.
- Analyze data and the recruitment landscape to inform decision-making and evaluate current strategies to respond to changing markets and applicant pools.
- Partner with the Admission Leadership Team to ensure graduate admission operations are optimized through maximum use of our available systems and that technology is utilized at its highest level to deploy communications effectively.
- Direct the graduate recruiting process from the point of prospect development through enrollment.
- Develop and manage a multi-year strategy for student recruitment, travel planning, campus visitation, and events.
- In conjunction with University Communications and Marketing, oversee all marketing for targeted campaigns to execute yield campaigns of potential applicants.
- Collaborate with The Graduate School to coordinate the student onboarding process from applicant to enrolled student.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with an admissions-focused CRM, preferably Slate
- Exceptional computer skills, communication skills, dealing with a wide variety of constituents
- Demonstrated planning and exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent supervisory, team building, customer service, and leadership skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Fluent in Spanish, preferred
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience in higher education graduate admission
- Experience in working effectively with faculty and discipline-specific program coordinators in defining and meeting admissions targets for graduate programs preferred
- Experience with recruitment efforts targeting working professionals preferred (for example, workforce and employer engagement, employer benefit MOUs, stackable certificates, non-degree to degree program pipelines, student services for working professionals, hybrid program models, etc.)
- Experience with a multi-campus institution a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to attend and preside over lectures and meetings.
- Ability to travel with students, faculty and staff throughout campus.
- Must be able to traverse various athletic grounds and facilities.
- Standard office hours Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Subject to change based on university need, scheduled courses, and university growth
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
- Maintain high integrity, confidentiality, and ethical standards.
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment.
- Maintain and contribute to a professional, respectful, courteous, diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment
- Treat other individuals with dignity, respect, and kindness.
- Adhere to all university policies, procedures, standards, values, and comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
Position requirements in the role description outlined above indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities deemed necessary to perform the job competently. Role descriptions are an overview of the duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list for the position. Employees may be required to perform other job-related assignments as requested and acquire new skills and responsibilities. Lenoir-Rhyne University reserves the right to modify, add, remove, or waive the responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position.
Department/Division: Office of Admission / Mission, Engagement and Innovation
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: AVP of Mission, Engagement and Innovation