School of Counseling and Human Services
Faculty Position: Human Services
Lenoir-Rhyne University’s School of Counseling and Human Services (Hickory Campus) seeks applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty appointment at the rank of assistant professor. Appointment begins August 2021.
- DSW/Ph.D. preferred from an accredited CSWE institution by time of start date. Applicants with an educational background in Counseling, Human Services or Psychology will also be considered, but preference will be given to individuals with a Social Work background.
- Experience and credentials to teach graduate and undergraduate Human Services courses.
- Experience and interest in developing and delivering courses utilizing online and other non-traditional pedagogies.
- Demonstration of a commitment and capacity for teaching excellence, student mentorship (advising), scholarly and professional engagement, and campus citizenship.
- Experience providing supervision to students within the Human Services program as well as a commitment to developing partnership with clinical placement sites in the field.
- Licensed or eligibility to become licensed.
- Experience with program evaluation and assessment.
While completing the application, candidates will be prompted to submit a Letter of Application, a Curriculum Vitae (including the names and addresses of three references), and a Statement of Teaching Philosophy. The application letter should discuss specifically how one’s professional experiences and perspectives relate to the needs of the position and of Lenoir-Rhyne University. The university’s mission, vision and values statements may be reviewed in the About section our the LR website.
To ensure full review, completed applications must be submitted by December 1, 2021, and the search will continue until the position is filled, but review of applications will begin immediately. Any questions regarding the position or the search process should be submitted electronically to Dr. Shameika Stokes, search committee chair, at email@example.com.
About Lenoir-Rhyne University
Lenoir-Rhyne University is a co-educational, private comprehensive liberal arts institution founded in 1891, with its traditional campus located in Hickory, North Carolina, a town of over 40,000, and additional campuses in Asheville and Columbia, SC. Situated in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Lenoir-Rhyne is about an hour drive from Charlotte, Winston-Salem, and/or Asheville. By combining the liberal arts with professional studies, the University joins a rich foundation in the arts, humanities, social sciences, languages, religion, and natural sciences with over 50 undergraduate majors and over 25 master’s degree programs. With record enrollments each of the last eight years, the institution now enrolls over 2500 students at its three locales, and it anticipates continued managed enrollment growth over the coming years as it expands upon its mission. In pursuit of the development of the whole person, Lenoir-Rhyne University seeks to liberate mind and spirit, clarify personal faith, foster physical wholeness, build a sense of community, and promote responsible leadership for service in the world. Affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), Lenoir-Rhyne promotes a diverse campus open to people from all religious backgrounds. Lenoir-Rhyne is an EOE/AA employer under all applicable civil rights laws. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.