Location: Hickory, North Carolina
Reporting to the Senior Associate AD for External Operations, this position will primarily focus on game day experience and fan engagement along with brand awareness to increase overall athletics attendance and revenue generation. In addition to increased attendance, this person will creatively foster a first-class game-day experience in the revenue sports to ensure repeat attendance, new donors and new revenue.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Lead the overall development of a comprehensive marketing plan for LR Athletics for all sports as well as executing the plan at a high level.
- Create a dynamic and interactive game-day environment for football and basketball that appeals to all ages and increases the likelihood of return attendance for guests and visitors.
- Develop a plan to increase engagement and brand awareness in the broader unifour area that includes increased visible branding, wider market reach and new and improved partnerships.
- Build partnerships with local government leaders, youth leagues, schools, senior care facilities, businesses and other area organizations. These partnerships should include more LR signage, group ticket promotions and other mutually beneficial partnerships that can be capitalized on financially and lead to increased attendance at home athletic events.
- Help develop creative content that enhances these revenue streams and the game-day experience through graphics, video content, promotions and more with the digital and creative media team.
- Oversee a Marketing Assistant plus a staff of student interns to create a consistent and broad foundation of success for marketing and engagement across all sports.
- Generate constant buzz and knowledge on campus amongst the student population to ensure their attendance and support of all LR games.
- Supervise and run game day for football and basketball through the fan experience, tailgate environment, game scripts, video board content, music, on-field promotions, giveaways and more.
- Oversee staff who supervises and runs game-day for all other 20 LR sports through game scripts, video board content, music, in-game promotions, giveaways and more. This would include developing a staff of student workers and interns.
- Responsible for working with athletics media, communications and game operations staff to ensure a coordinated and strategic effort to increase the athletic department brand and fan engagement.
- Will serve on the athletic department’s administrative leadership team.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of sound equipment
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite graphics and proficient in graphic design
- Experience working in a collegiate or professional sports marketing department required
- Ability to work nights and weekends
Wage Class: Salaried, exempt
Reports to: Sr. Associate AD for External Operations