Admission Marketing and Communications Manager
Location: Hickory, North Carolina
The Admission Marketing and Communication Manager brings energy, initiative and creativity to the admission team as they will develop, implement and manage the communication creation and flow for undergraduate and graduate admission at Lenoir-Rhyne University. This position will also serve as a liaison between Admission and Marketing and Communications while managing the CRM marketing functions. Responsibilities include relationship building, assisting with admission and retention efforts and records management. Reporting to the AVP of MEI the manager will be an integral part of the Admission Team, encompassing yearly planning, collaborating with faculty, building relationships with team members and fostering community partnerships.
- May supervise another employee and/or student workers
- Coordinate the relationship between Admissions and Marketing and Communications to support and implement a comprehensive admission marketing and communication strategy.
- Develop and execute a digital communication plan, including emails and social media, through the admission CRM while adhering to institutional brand standards.
- Create new and revised messaging to assist with recruiting prospective students.
- Utilize the admission CRM to write, record and send all messaging to prospective students while building and analyzing communication reports.
- Collaborate with Admissions staff, program directors and department faculty to ensure the accuracy of program-specific communications, along with ensuring all marketing and communications efforts align cohesively with both college and division-wide initiatives and standards.
- Serve as the lead trainer and adviser on matters related to marketing and communication standards for the admissions office, particularly in relation to the CRM.
- Attend all training sessions with CRM to learn the platform and maximize our results.
- Analyze data and the current recruitment landscape to inform decision-making and evaluate the current strategy to respond to changing markets and applicant pools.
- Support the Admissions Office with data analyses, campaign tracking and email campaign analyses.
- Utilize tools such as CRM reports, Google Analytics or Data Studio and social media built-in insights to provide tactical recommendations to improve campaign performance as well as open and response rates to email solicitations for multiple audiences.
- Analyze primary and secondary research and historical data to garner insights that shape the admissions office outreach efforts and strategic enrollment plan.
- Foster and maintain a positive atmosphere to ensure all interactions are handled with the highest level of professionalism and customer service, develop an advanced work ethic and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and attention to detail, and work with a sense of urgency.
- Assist with all admission-related travel, events and programming.
- Manage special projects and/or ongoing activities as assigned by the AVP of MEI.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Understands and supports the Lenoir-Rhyne mission and vision and how student recruitment, admissions and retention align with that mission.
- Exhibits cross-cultural competence and empathy in building relationships.
- Demonstrably understands and supports diversity, equity, inclusion and access in recruiting students into the university.
- Can gather and organize resources and people to meet goals. Is action-oriented and energetic in setting and achieving appropriate goals. Can orchestrate multiple activities while staying on task to achieve and assess desired outcomes.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills across various platforms and in different situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism and diplomacy and work with individuals at all levels of the university.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with heightened attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving/conflict resolutions skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Education and Experience
- A master’s degree is highly preferred, Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in college admission, student recruitment or a related field such as communications or marketing.
- Previous experience with SLATE or another customer service management software.
- Extensive knowledge about LR, its faculty and its student population is a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Travel for potential recruitment events or conferences.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to attend and preside over meetings, events, etc., in person and online.
- Ability to travel with students, faculty and staff throughout campus.
- Standard office hours M-F 8a-5p, subject to change based on LR needs.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Maintain high integrity, confidentiality and ethical standards.
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment.
- Maintain and contribute to a professional, respectful, courteous, diverse, equitable and inclusive environment
- Treat other individuals with dignity, respect and kindness.
- Adhere to all university policies, procedures, standards and values, and comply with all federal, state and local laws.
Position requirements in the role mentioned above description indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the job competently. Role descriptions are an overview of the duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of the position. Employees may be required to perform other job-related assignments as requested and acquire new skills and responsibilities. Lenoir-Rhyne University reserves the right to modify, add, remove or waive the position's responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Position type: Staff
Reports to: AVP for MEI
Department: Office of Admission, MEI
Job code: Determined by HR