Due to COVID-19, the Writing Center is currently delivering all of its services remotely.
All writers need feedback on their drafts in progress, and that's what we're here to provide.
The Lenoir-Rhyne University Writing Center puts you in touch with caring, supportive readers for your work in progress.
We offer online sessions using Zoom (or Google Drive and telephone if needed). Appointments are required and should be made at least two hours in advance to ensure that a tutor is available.
Our one-on-one sessions with writers typically focus on one or two of the following topics:
- Understanding the assignment
- Generating ideas to write about
- Supporting a thesis or purpose
- Organizing ideas
- Editing for coherence, clarity and correctness
- Citing sources correctly
If you don't see your concern on the list, just let your tutor know what's on your mind. If you need help with more than two issues you can make as many appointments with us as you need.
- Monday: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; 1-5 p.m.; 6-9 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; 1-5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; 1-5 p.m.
- Thursday: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.; 1-5 p.m.; 6-9 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; 1-5 p.m.
Regular schedule begins on Monday, August 30,and end on Wednesday, December 2.