ABOUT LR'S MASTER OF ARTS IN RELIGIOUS LEADERSHIP DEGREE PROGRAM
Lenoir-Rhyne University’s Master of Arts in Religious Leadership program is offered fully online, and is specifically designed for those who seek theological and scriptural background for their work.
Students from traditional ministry settings will gain practical leadership knowledge and a skill set that goes beyond knowledge acquired from a seminary degree program. Students working in other types of organizations and agencies will acquire fluency in scripture and theology to help better understand their organization’s work in a theological framework.
LR’s Religious Leadership graduate program aims to develop leaders who:
- Effectively communicate with faith leaders who can serve as potential partners.
- Understand the faith of their clients, pastors, and other partners.
- Have the leadership skills to lead an organization through change.
- Have the ability to manage and lead organizations rooted in the reality of their location.
- Develop budgets and identify resources for their organization to thrive and succeed.
The graduate program is designed with the working adult in mind. It is offered in a fully online format, allowing students to enroll from anywhere in the world. As a non-cohort program, students can complete the curriculum at their own pace – full-time or part-time. Although delivered online, full-time faculty are located on LRU’s Hickory, Asheville, and Columbia, S.C., campuses, providing students the ability to videoconference when needed.
RELIGIOUS LEADERSHIP CURRICULAR OPTIONS
The Religious Leadership program is a 36-hour interdisciplinary major combining core courses in leadership offered by the College of Education and Human Services, with courses in foundational scripture and theology offered through the University’s Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary.