On Friday evening, Lenoir-Rhyne University held a vigil in honor of the tragedy at UNC Charlotte, and I was struck by the outpouring of support by our faculty, students and staff, many of whom have friends and family at UNCC.
The Lenoir-Rhyne University community stands with UNC Charlotte, and our thoughts are with all of those in Niner Nation.
The safety and welfare of our faculty, staff and students are always our highest priority. This tragedy is a stark reminder that violence like this can happen anywhere, and we remind the LR community of the resources we have available.
- Rave Alerts: Our emergency notification system is Rave Alert, and it is the primary means to send emergency messages to campus. You can log in at getrave.com/login/lr to update or verify your information. If the system does not allow you to log-in, please contact Sylvia Culp at the Information desk, 828.328.7330, or Sylvia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Counseling Services: LR community members seeking support are encouraged to use the University's Counseling Services, located in the Cornerstone House. For assistance, you can contact the director, Jenny Smith, at 828.328.7252 or Jenny.Smith@lr.edu.
In addition, we remind the LR community of these safety tips:
- Program Campus Security's 24/7 phone number into your phone, and put it on speed dial. This number is 828.328.7146.
- If you ever feel threatened, call Campus Security or 911 immediately.
- Be aware of your surroundings, and contact Campus Security immediately if you feel threatened, or experience or witness potential danger.
- Be aware of and use as needed the Emergency Phones around campus at the following locations: Stadium parking lot (middle); 4th St. Apts.; Price Village; Front of Morgan Hall; Front of Fritz-Conrad; and parking lot beside UCHS.