Lenoir-Rhyne University is thankful for the wonderful generosity of its alumni, parents and friends, who supported the university in its efforts to raise more than $7.3 million for cash in hand and $9.05 million in total commitments for the 2019-20 fiscal year.
Funds will support key initiatives on campus such as scholarships, faculty support and campus infrastructure.
"This is just a testament to the magnanimous spirit of Lenoir-Rhyne alumni and our Bears family," said Dr. Fred Whitt, university president. "Their generosity helps provide our students with a transformative experience."
- More than 10 percent of alumni made a gift to LR.
- More than 610 people made gifts for the third annual Bears Have Heart Giving Day, raising more than $260,000 during the 24-hour challenge, which was more than double the previous year.
- Raised more than $1 million for scholarship support.
- Raised more than $350,000 for the New Life Fund at Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary, which marked the first time since 2012 it has surpassed the annual goal.
- Raised more than $2.9 million for The Open Doors: Answering the Spirit's Call campaign and the Good Shepherd Fund, which assists seminarians in the reduction of tuition, room, board and books.
- Nineteen families have given 37 (or more) consecutive years.