Catawba County Promise
The Catawba County Promise (CCP) is a guaranteed financial aid package worth at least half the cost of tuition for full-time undergraduate first-year students and transfer students who meet these requirements:
- Resident of Catawba County (at time of admittance)
- High school weighted GPA of 3.5 or higher for first-year students
- College GPA of 3.5 or higher and 30 attempted college hours for transfer students
- Is this a scholarship program?
- Is a student guaranteed to be a part of the program for his/her four years at LR?
- Is this program available for graduate students or adult learner students?
- How much is undergraduate tuition at LR?
- Can the Catawba County Promise be used in addition to other awards?
- I live in Catawba County but attend a college outside of Catawba County and am interested in transferring to LR. Am I eligible?
- I’m qualified and applying for 2019-2020. Do I need to fill out a separate form?
- Will students' financial aid award letters reflect the Catawba County Promise offer?
- I have more questions. Whom should I contact?
All institutional, state, and federal grants and scholarships will be combined to determine if the financial aid package for an eligible CCP student totals at least half the cost of tuition. If at least half the cost of tuition is not met, then additional funds will be added to the financial aid package to total half the cost of tuition.
Any external scholarships awarded to the student will not be counted toward half the cost of tuition.