- HBAP, Analytics Graduate Program, Harvard University
- Ph.D., Information Technology, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- DBA, Information Systems and Data Architecture, University of Sarasota
- MBA, Finance, East Carolina University
- B.S., Finance, Appalachian State University
- Military Academy, Norwegian Army (Officer)
- Quarter Master School, Norwegian Navy (NCO)
Bjarne Berg, a mathematics and computer science professor, has been at Lenoir-Rhyne since 2002. He is an internationally recognized expert in business intelligence and a frequent speaker at conferences worldwide, and he teaches quantities analysis, statistics, business intelligence, analytics and computer science classes. Berg received the Lenoir-Rhyne Faculty Scholar Award, presented to the faculty member who has made the most significant contribution to his/her discipline during the academic year.
Berg has written seven books on data warehousing and SAP business intelligence and has published research articles in academic journals such as the European Journal of Information Systems, ISM, Information Management and others.
Previously, Berg was a partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers and the CIO at Comerit. He held leadership roles at Bank of Hawaii and VIP Consulting and worked at Moody's and Bank of America. In addition, Berg attended the first level of the Norwegian Military Academy and served as an officer in the Norwegian Armed Forces.