Master of Arts in Writing
Boost the Power of Your Words
The Master of Arts in Writing (MAW) degree helps you take your writing to the next level. With courses in a variety of areas, you can not only discover the power of your voice, but Rise Up in your career and creative life. What makes our program unique? Read on.
- Interactive program designed with you in mind
- Non-cohort base course delivery, meaning a flexible schedule at your own pace
- Traditional and career track admission, giving students more than one way to be admitted
- Involved and engaging faculty with extensive experience in the field
Take the program at your own pace, whether that is part time or full tilt. Here are some highlights of what you need to know:
- M.A. in Writing is offered only at our Asheville campus
- 36 credit hours total
- Course offerings in Poetry, Fiction and Creative Non-Fiction, Professional Writing, and specialized workshop offerings
- You choose from a variety of subject areas, customizing your degree
- Flexible format for classes being either fully online, hybrid (partially online, partially in class), in the evening, or on weekends
Tell me more
- What will I do in the MAW program?
- Request information from one of our admissions staff »
- Admissions Requirements »
Sign up for a Graduate Student Open House. RSVP here »
Come to a Graduate School Open House.