Master of Arts in Counseling
Counselor of the Year. Dean of a top notch graduate school. These are just a few of the accomplishments of our counseling graduates. And we want you to join them as our next success story.
New for Spring 2014! Get your Master of Arts in Counseling at the Center for Graduate Studies of Columbia!
Come to an Open House on December 5, 2013, on our Columbia, SC, campus. Register here to attend this event.
With a Master of Arts in Counseling degree from Lenoir-Rhyne University, you can help others work through their challenges and reach a healthier state of mind. Our program will educate you in areas from group counseling and substance abuse treatment to marriage and family therapy. Our goal is for you to be a well-rounded professional through the experiences you will gain in the classroom and the community. What makes our program unique? Read on.
How to Apply
Application requirements and all you need to know to apply»
Take the program at your own pace, whether that is part time or full tilt. Here are some highlights of what you need to know:
- 3 convenient locations: Lenoir-Rhyne in Hickory, Asheville, and now in Columbia, SC!
- In Hickory and Asheville, 2 degree options: Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling
- In Columbia, SC: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling: 61 credit hours
- School Counseling: 52 credit hours
- Flexible format for classes being either in the evening, on weekends, online, or hybrid (half online, half in class) formats
- Non-cohort based course delivery, meaning a flexible schedule at your own pace
- Traditional and career admission tracks giving students more than one way to be admitted
- At the end of the program, you'll be prepared for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or School Counselor
- A certificate in Counseling from a Christian Perspective is also available
Come to a Graduate School Open House.