- Admissions Home
- Request Information
- Meet the Staff
- See the Campus
- LR on Tour
- Admissions Requirements [PDF]
- Cost & Financial Aid
- Transfer Students
- Graduate Programs
- What's Hickory Really Like?
- High School Programs
- Study Abroad/Int'l Students
- Lifelong Learning
- RIBN Program
- Exchange Students
- En Español
First-Year Student Schedule for Red & Black Days
Check-in will take place outside the Cromer Center on Shaw Plaza. Of course, if it’s raining, you’ll find us inside the Cromer Center… but, we’ve got Pastor Weisner working overtime to help see that rain is not part of our agenda!
- Check-In ~ 8:00am – 9:15am
- *The Opening Session will begin at 9:30am in P.E. Monroe Auditorium.
- 10:30 ~ A Challenge for Inquiring Minds-Student Session. Also at 10:30, General Information Session-Parent Session
- Following lunch, students will be in Advising and Registration beginning at 12:30
- 1:00-3:30 Check Point Fair ~ Representatives from our many services will be available to answer questions.
What I Need to Bring:
- Enrollment Deposit if not paid
- Health and Immunization Records
- Financial Aid Documents if any outstanding
- Official End-of-Year Transcript
- Sample Course Schedules
- Community Service Project School Supply Items
Checklist of Important Items
Please join us in the afternoon for refreshments and our Check Point Fair. This final activity for the day will take place in the Cromer Lobby & Bears' Lair (lower level of Cromer Center ) and will feature representatives from:
- Athletic Coaches/NCAA
- Business Office/Student Accounts (Tuition Payment Information)
- Study Abroad
- Housing & Residence Life
- Student Health
For those of you who would like to take an abbreviated campus tour during your visit, we ask that you please arrive as close to 8:00am as possible. Campus tours will depart from the check-in area and will include focal points on campus. These tours will not include the residence halls. The final tour for the day will depart at 8:25am to return for the 9:30am Welcome Session. Due to time and staffing constraints, we will not be able to offer campus tours at other times throughout the day.
Lunch is complimentary for all incoming students. We welcome other guests and family members to join us for $8.00 per person. Lunch tickets may be purchased during check-in (children under 6 will not be charged). *Note: A vegetarian option will be available for lunch.
Advising and Course Registration
After lunch, students only will go to Advising and Registration. Faculty will be available to help students choose their Fall classes, and Staff will assist them with the registration process. Students will leave with their Fall schedules in hand!
Financial Aid appointments will be arranged during check-in. Appointments will begin during the morning and continue during free times throughout the day. A representative will be available during check-in to collect any documents that need to be dropped off and/or to arrange your appointment.
Residence Hall Information
Morgan Hall and Isenhour Hall, Freshman Residence Halls, will be available for viewing during an afternoon "drop-in" session. Staff members will be available to answer any questions. A representative from the Residence Life Office will also be available at the afternoon Check Point Fair for questions.