Master of Arts in Writing
Instructions for Graduate Application
Fall Semester Deadline: June 1
Spring Semester Deadline: October 1
Summer Semester Deadline: April 1
The MA in Writing program is offered exclusively at the Center for Graduate Studies of Asheville.
Please consider sending in as much of your application materials together as possible. All materials can be sent to: Lenoir-Rhyne University Division of Enrollment Management LR Box 7227 Hickory, NC 28603.
To be considered for admission, please submit the following:
1. A completed and signed graduate application. You can get the application one of two ways:
- Call 800-277-5721 or 828-328-7300 to request an application be mailed to you
- Click Here to Apply Online
2. A non-refundable $35 application fee. You can complete this one of two ways:
- Click here to submit your application fee online
- Mail a check or money order to Lenoir-Rhyne University at the address listed above
3. Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended.
4. Submit official copy of GRE or MAT test scores (unless career track admission applies)*
5. Submit, in sealed envelopes, three (3) Recommendation Forms attesting to your ability. Click Here to download the Recommendation Form in PDF.
6. An autobiographical essay reflecting the applicant's reasons for pursuing the MA in Writing program.
7. Submit a Resume or writing sample to highlight your body of work.
*Our Career Track option gives students admission consideration for their professional experience beyond college. Students must have graduated from an accredited bachelors program at least 6 years ago to qualify.