- The Graduate School
- M.A. in Community College Administration
- M.A. in Counseling
- M.A. in Language Development and Learning
- M.A. in Liberal Studies
- M.A. in Religious Studies
- M.A. in Teaching
- M.A. in Writing
- MBA Master of Business Administration
- M.P.H. Master of Public Health
- M.S. in Athletic Training
- M.S. in Nursing
- M.S. in Occupational Therapy
- M.S. in Online Teaching & Instructional Design
- M.S. in Sustainability Studies
- M.S. in Physician Assistant Studies
- Dietetic Internship
- M.A. in Human Services
- M.A. in Leadership
- Apply Now
- Application Requirements
- Forms and Instructions
- Graduate Assistantships
- Request Information
- Center for Graduate Studies of Asheville
- LTSS (Seminary)
- Financial Aid
- Guide to Admissions & Enrollment
- Graduate Student Organization
- LR Partners Program
- The Alumni Advantage
Master of Arts in Teaching
Instructions for Graduate Applications
for Hickory and Asheville
Hickory Application Priority Deadline: March 1 for the Summer 2014 Cohort.
Asheville Applications are accepted year round for Fall, Spring, and Summer Terms.
Each applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
- GRE minimum scores of: 147 on each the verbal and quantitative sections and a 3.5 on the analytical section; or
- an MAT minimum score of a 390; or
- Praxis I minimum scores of Reading 176, Writing 173, and Math 173
- Click on Hickory or Asheville for your choice of campus.
- Click Here to submit your non-refundable $35.00 application fee online, or mail a check or money order to the address above.
Application Materials Needed:
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended
- Official copy of GRE, MAT, or Praxis I test scores
- The Short-Answer Question and Essay
- Upon enrollment, a criminal background check through www.certifiedbackground.com using code EO50
In addition to the required documentation for a completed application, the following may also be requested:
- An interview with the admissions committee
- Content area testing
- Letters of Recommendation
Go to Forms & Instructions for Submitting Application Materials to find out how easy it is to submit your forms electronically!
Send Official Transcripts and Test Scores to:
Hickory Campus: Lenoir-Rhyne University, Division of Enrollment Management, LR Box 7227, Hickory, NC 28603.
Asheville Campus: Center for Graduate Studies of Asheville, 36 Montford Avenue, Asheville, NC 28801.
Thank you for your interest in Lenoir-Rhyne University!
Take Charge of Tomorrow Apply Today