Master of Arts in Teaching
Instructions for Graduate Applications
for Hickory and Asheville
Hickory Application Priority Deadline: March 1 for the Summer 2014 Cohort.
Asheville Applications are accepted year round for Fall, Spring, and Summer Terms.
Each applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
- GRE minimum scores of: 147 on each the verbal and quantitative sections and a 3.5 on the analytical section; or
- an MAT minimum score of a 390; or
- Praxis I minimum scores of Reading 176, Writing 173, and Math 173
- Click on Hickory or Asheville for your choice of campus.
- Click Here to submit your non-refundable $35.00 application fee online, or mail a check or money order to the address above.
Application Materials Needed:
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended
- Official copy of GRE, MAT, or Praxis I test scores
- The Short-Answer Question and Essay
- A criminal background check through www.certifiedbackground.com using code EO50
In addition to the required documentation for a completed application, the following may also be requested:
- An interview with the admissions committee
- Content area testing
- Letters of Recommendation
Go to Forms & Instructions for Submitting Application Materials to find out how easy it is to submit your forms electronically!
Send Official Transcripts and Test Scores to:
Hickory Campus: Lenoir-Rhyne University, Division of Enrollment Management, LR Box 7227, Hickory, NC 28603.
Asheville Campus: Center for Graduate Studies of Asheville, 36 Montford Avenue, Asheville, NC 28801.
Thank you for your interest in Lenoir-Rhyne University!
Take Charge of Tomorrow Apply Today