Master of Science in Nursing
Instructions for Graduate Application
Fall Semester Deadline: June 1
Spring Semester Deadline: October 1
Summer Semester Deadline: April 1
The Master of Science in Nursing program will be offered at Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory as well as the Center for Graduate Studies of Asheville and is available with a track in Education or Administration.
Please consider sending in as much of your application materials together as possible. All materials can be sent to: Lenoir-Rhyne University Division of Enrollment Management LR Box 7227 Hickory, NC 28603.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 2.7 on a 4.0 scale and 2.7 GPA in the last 60 hours of the program.
- No grade lower than a C on the prerequisite courses of statistics and nursing research.
To be considered for admission, please submit the following:
1. A completed and signed graduate application. Indicate on the application which track you plan to pursue for the MSN. You can get the application one of two ways:
- Call 800-277-5721 or 828-328-7300 to request an application be mailed to you
- Click Here to Apply Online
2. A non-refundable $35 application fee. You can complete this one of two ways:
- Click here to submit your application fee online
- Mail a check or money order to Lenoir-Rhyne University at the address listed above
3. Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended.
4. Submit official copy of GRE test scores (unless career track admission applies)*
5. Submit, in sealed envelopes, three (3) Recommendation Forms completed by professionals attesting to your ability. Click Here to download the Recommendation Form.
6. Submit a written essay limited to 500 words clearly articulating goals and life experiences that have impacted the student's decision to pursue the MSN program in the chosen concentration.
7. Submit a Resume or vitae
8. A criminal background check completed via certifiedbackground.com.
9. Submit evidence of an unrestricted RN license (provide license number and state in which the license is current).
*Our Career Track option gives students admission consideration for their professional experience beyond college. Students must have graduated from an accredited bachelors program at least 6 years ago to qualify.