Instructions for Application
Lenoir-Rhyne University accepts applications through the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). Please go to https://portal.dicas.org begin your application process.
12 of your 18 Dietetic Internship program go towards Lenoir-Rhyne University's Master of Public Health. Our program is set up that we will automatically consider you for admission to our Master of Public Health program with your Dietetic Internship application materials. You will not be required to submit another set of materials to be reviewed for both programs.
Each applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
- GRE scores meeting the following criteria: Combined GRE verbal and quantitative score in the 35th percentile, Verbal score in the 40th percentile, and a 3.0 Analytical score
- A grade of B on all recommended DPD prerequisite courses. If you have made a grade lower than a B in any DPD prerequisite courses, please provide a written explanation in your required essays.
The following information must be submitted directly to Lenoir-Rhyne University:
- Official GRE scores sent to Enrollment Management, LR Box 7227 Hickory NC 28603.
- For students desiring the nation-wide option only, submit the preceptor application and supervised practice facility agreements via fax at 828-328-7435 or via mail at LR Box 7227 Hickory, NC 28603.
- A verification statement from your DPD program.
To be considered for admission, please submit the following through DICAS only. You will not need to resubmit this information directly to Lenoir-Rhyne.
- Submit a completed application. You will not need to submit another application to Lenoir-Rhyne.
- Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended.
- Submit a self reported copy of your test scores.
- Submit three (3) Recommendations completed by professionals attesting to your ability.
- Submit a CV or Resume.
- Upload a document answering the following essays in 750 words or less:
- Explain your interest in Lenoir-Rhyne University's Dietetic Internship program.
- What are your short term and long term professional and educational goals?
- What skills or talents do you possess that will enrich Lenoir-Rhyne's Dietetic Internship program?