Admission to the program is highly competitive. In order to be considered for the RIBN program, academic requirements include:
- A high school diploma or its equivalent plus satisfactory completion of the following course requirements:
- Four units of English
- Two units of a language other than English
- One unit of American History
- Three units of mathematics (algebra I, algebra II, and geometry). Other math such as statistics is encouraged but not required.
- One unit of a laboratory science (other than Chemistry)
- One Unit of Chemistry (Required) - must be within the last 5 years
Students must also have:
- An SAT or ACT equivalency score of a minimum of 500 in Critical Reading and 500 in Math
- An unweighted cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in high school courses
- A Test of Essential Academic Skills exam (TEAS V ®) score at or above the Proficient level or a minimum of 63 points
Admission to the program is highly competitive. After meeting all RIBN program admission requirements, applicants will be ranked numerically based on the following criteria:
- GPA is weighted as 25% of the score
- SAT or ACT score is weighted as 25% of the score
- TEAS V ® (Test of Essential Academic Skills) Exam is weighted as 50% of the score
Applicants will be notified of their admission status in the spring.
Transfer students are also welcome to apply to RIBN. Please contact one of the Student Success Advocates for specific Transfer requirements.